But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Matthew 6:33

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Excuse Me, Mr. Fear




Excuse Me, Mr. Fear 

I can see what you are doing 
You're grinning ear to ear.
You're stealing joy and taking peace 
And now things are getting weird.

You're marching through our towns and gloating. 
I can almost hear you cheer.
You must think you've won somehow. 
You seem so cavalier. 

But before you start rejoicing, 
I have a message you should hear.
The King of kings is on my side
And His reign is drawing near. 

As I stay close to Him,
My Shepherd and Overseer, 
This temporal world starts fading 
And the truth becomes more clear. 

If God is love and I'm in Him,
Then you must dissapear.
Though I know you'll be back again 
To creep and prowl and jeer.
But even in deepest waters,
With Christ I'll persevere. 

I am not alone in this
As long as The Church is here,
We're family from every tribe and tongue
Our mandate is volunteer
To help all those in need
Across both city and frontier. 
Our love and light and praises
Will change this atmosphere.

So it's over. It's done. 
I'm being quite sincere.
Pack your bags, be on your way
Back to your own dark stratosphere. 
But if you spread more terror
With famine, plague, or spear.
I still won't ever bow to you 
From my Lord,  I'll never veer.

And on that coming blessed day 
When my Savior does appear 
He'll take me to my Father's house
With all whom I hold dear.
I have an eternal future home
With my Maker, whom I revere.
But for you it is much different.
It's punishment. And it's severe.

So, I'm sorry. No. Not sorry 
To inform you, Mr. Fear
That it shall be YOU, not I, 
shedding the last tear.


"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear."
1 John 4:18 

No comments:

Post a Comment